Labels

Friday 25 September 2015

Life is so easy being a man !

Women, "normal" women are constantly under so much pressure to look the best they can. They seem to be judged harshly, not just by men but by other women if they don't look absolutely fabulous. I find it a deeply worrying trend in our society that the female human is still judged by what she looks like. Few men are, or ever have been. The recent attacks on Jeremy Corbyn's visual appearance by the media are so rare we all notice them. With women it has become so commonplace that even I find myself occasionally, shamefully, agreeing to some bitchy comment on Ann Widdecombe's grey hair or odd skirt. 
As an ageing man I have never felt the way I look a problem in anyway directly or indirectly. As my hair thins and disappears, with what's left going grey, along with my beard and as the wrinkles multiple, no advert sends me subliminal messages that pressurises me to think, I need to inject botulinum toxin type A into my forehead or Michelin rubber products into my lips. Even if they did, as a man I would just say "fuck it, what's it matter". I do moisturise, when I remember, but then one does need have to have a hobby. 
However almost every woman I know seems pressurised to look younger than her actual years. 
Kate Moss is 41. 
You look at any advertising she appears in and she does not look 41, ever. However if you look at the photos in the Daily Mail article below she looks exactly what she is, a woman of 41.
Proof, is ever it was needed, that the cosmetics industry is selling a lie. The gloop, sorry luxurious life enhancing products that KM is advertising, to make women look younger, are allegedly not even working on Kate Moss, so photoshop is seems to used in what appears, from the evidence presented, to be a confidence trick, which if it were used like that in the car or food industries, someone would be taking those companies to the Trades Description Board!
I rest my case.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. All comments are moderated. We hope to post your comment shortly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.